Monday, November 8, 2010

Play date!!


Yesterday the boys and I had so much fun. My friend Jackie that has 2 twin girls (Carlie & Sophie) that are 8 months and a little girl (Maddie) that is 4 told me about a fun place that they like to go and play. I had never heard about it but she said the girls have so much fun there so we were up for it!! It is at the old Paramount Christian church and they have turned it into a kids activity center. They have different rooms all set up for the kids to play in depending on their ages.

Because of the time change I was a little worried about going. I use to look forward to “falling back” because it meant we got to sleep an extra hour but with kiddos it means they are up an hour earlier. It is going to take them awhile to adjust. Kyler was awake at 7:30 but Connor slept til 9:30. Kyler and I just played while Connor was sleeping and I went ahead and got him dressed and ready to go. By 9 he was ready for a nap so I laid him down. When Connor woke up at 9:30 I got him dressed and ready to go and I really thought this may not be a good plan for the day. I texted Jackie to see if 10:30 would work for her girls and she said it would be closer to 11. At that point I though maybe we should just wait a week until all of the kiddos are back on track but Jackie said they were going so I decided to give it a try. I was on the phone with Jamie while I was getting the boys ready so I invited her and Parker to come play too. I am so glad that we went. It is the coolest place! I was able to just put the boys down and let them go. They loved it. Connor loves to climb in things and tunnel through them like the coffee table so it didn’t take him long to be in the caterpillar. Jamie was waiting on the other side for him and he was just smiling and laughing while he was in there. Kyler loved the activity tables. He pulled himself up to see what was going on up there. Parker and Maddie played in one of the bigger kid rooms for awhile and Sophie, Carlie, Connor and Kyler all played in the baby room. I only got one picture with Sophie in it, my camera batteries died and by the time I got them charged they were leaving. We will have to get pictures will all of them together next time. Cute cute little girls!! By the time we left the boys were exhausted and hungry. I brought them home, fed them and put them straight to bed. They slept for almost 3 hours. Needless to say I will be doing this more often. I had so much fun too! Nice to be around some other mommies for some adult time!! As I was leaving I called another friend to let her know about this place. We are planning a play date too. I am so happy to have found a place that the boys and I can go during the winter so that they are not cooped up in the house all of the time.

Connor in the caterpillar



crawling out


Kyler headed to the kitchen (They have a living room and kitchen attached to the play room so next time I will just take their lunch so that I can feed them and when we get home they can just go straight down for their nap)




Crawling everywhere....


Maddie playing at one of the tables


Sophie crawling around


Kyler and Jamie playing at the activity table






Attempting to pull up on a big table




Parker playing


Kyler loves Jamie


Getting sleepy




Jamie must have been telling the boys something really interesting


off to the next place


of course the boys had to wrestle


on a mission to the caterpillar


a stop for leggos




Parker riding the caterpillar


resting.....


Parker was inside and Kyler was looking for him


Connor was READY to go. Jamie was keeping him entertained while I loaded up Kyler.


Another story. If you look right above Connors right eye you will see his 1st bruise. Sunday Greg was watching the boys and I was in the bathroom getting ready and all of the sudden Greg yelled for me to come. Connor had fallen out of the activity jumper head first and when Greg saw him falling he reached to grab him and knocked Kyler over into the coffee table and he hit his head. Both boys were screaming! You could tell it was going to bruise and sure enough it did. So now Connor has had his first hurt too...... Kyler managed to make it out without any wounds...