The boys went for their 4 month check up yesterday. Thank goodness Lesa was able to meet me there. I knew I could get them in by myself but I didn't want to have to undress them both, change their diapers and then just leave one in his car seat while I held the other. The boys both love Lesa so it worked out perfect. THANK YOU LESA!!!
Connor weighed 14 lbs 3 oz and is in the 50th percentile for weight, height and head size! Kyler weighed 11 lbs 14 oz and is the 5th percentile for weight and height and the 20th percentile for head size. She said that was great for as small as he started out and the good thing is he is growing. He is definitely my "little toot". The boys did great considering it was nap time and they were so tired. Connor was a little whiny but I expected that with him. When he is tired you know it. He just kind of whimpers, I judge when it is time for them to take a nap on the whimper from him.
OK, if you go back to a couple of posts ago you will see a picture of the boys holding their heads up really good! Of course she put them on their tummy and all they wanted to do was lay there. Come on boys!! Show them what we work on everyday...I thought, you have got to be kidding me they are so good when we do this at home. They made a liar out of me!
Connor was my smiley boy for the Dr. He grinned and grinned at her. She said they usually will get a little fussy during the exam but he didn't. I said just wait til the next one. Kyler is really smiley! Again, he made a liar out of me. He wouldn't take his eyes off of Lesa to even look at the Dr. (He is already flirting with pretty girls, I am in trouble.....)
I asked her about breaking the swaddle. I was hoping that she had some "miracle trick" but nope she just said to gradually start taking it away. We have already been trying that and they will not have it. I ordered another video monitor that should be here tomorrow so I will see if putting them in their own crib will help. She didn't seem concerned that they still wanted to be swaddled though. I just worry because they want to be swaddled but then they break out of it and I do not want any lose blankets around their face. Hopefully we can break the habit over the next couple of weeks.
Here is a pic of Kyler after his shots. Look at that pouty lip. Poor baby.....
Both boys checked out great! She had us start cereal yesterday. She told me how to mix it and how much to give each one of them. Within a week I am suppose to have them eating it 3 times a day. For 2 weeks they will eat cereal and then we will switch them to Oat Meal for 2 weeks and then at 5 months we can introduce yellow and orange vegetables.
The cereal feeding yesterday went OK. They weren't real sure about it though. Kyler liked it more than Connor but they were both too cute with cereal all over their face! I would feed one and then turn to feed the other and the other one would spit it back out. It was back and forth the whole time. The Dr. said it would take them a little while to get use to it. Of course I had to capture the moment.

Connor says "Mom, just give me the bottle"

I gave the boys Tylenol when we got home and all they did for the day was sleep. I woke them up to feed them but that was it. I had some pretty fussy, crabby babies when they were awake. Just an example....

I was really scared that the night was going to be bad because they had slept all day but it was actually good! Kyler slept til 4 and Connor woke up a couple of times moaning but I went and gave him his paci and turned on his fish and he went right back to sleep.
They slept til 8:30 this morning. I went in to their room and was greeted by happy smiley boys. I just love it when they do that!
I look forward to today! I missed talking, playing and seeing their smiley faces yesterday!