34 weeks.....I can't believe it is here already!
Here is what the babies are doing this week
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.
Every Tuesday I wake up looking forward to the day. Tuesdays for the last 34 weeks has meant I could cross one more week off. Each Tuesday I fix my breakfast and then I go straight to the recliner and open my computer. Every Tuesday I get email updates from several different websites letting me know what the babies will be doing that week. I sit and read and read and read. Each week I imagine them and all of the changes their little bodies are going through. It is truly amazing, I look forward to it so much.
Dr. Meeks had said all along that 34 weeks was a huge goal. Today we have reached it!! I can not tell you what weight has been lifted off of me. Every night I would pray to get us to this day. Today our prayers have been answered!!!
I had a Dr.'s appointment yesterday. As always it was quick and easy. I am anxious to see what the babies are weighing because I gained 6 lbs......oh my goodness, please tell me it is the babies getting bigger. You know me I was thinking OK I had my shoes on and I had eaten breakfast and lunch and drank lots of water by then.....that must be it....He! He! I actually am doing great on weight gain. From the start of my pregnancy up to now I have gained 39 lbs. Not bad at all for twins. Dr. Meeks had told me from the beginning that 45-55 lbs was good for twins so I definitely think I will be able to stay within that range. All I want is big, healthy babies. I told the babies a long time ago that I would get as big as they needed me to as long as they would stay inside of me for at least 36 weeks. It looks like we are all living up to our deal.......
Dr. Meeks listened to the heart beats. They just keep getting stronger and stronger. It still amazes me how different the two of them sound. He measured me and I measured 37 weeks. I just keep growing and growing.
Dr. Meeks checked my cervix and it is still closed!!! This was the best news I could have ever heard. We are doing it! He said you made it to 34 weeks. Everyday from here on out is "gravy." That makes me so happy!
Greg is still in Brownfield so he called several times during my appointment. He couldn't wait to hear what I had found out. He was so relieved when I called him and let him know that everything is great! He said "you are carrying my little ones good." He was excited. Greg will be home tomorrow and then leave again on Sunday. He will go back to Brownfield to finish up this job. He has to have it done by Dec. 7th so we have to hold on until then for babies. After that Greg will start a job in Pampa.....thank goodness....he will be close to home. Things just seem to keep working out for us. What a blessing!
I am having a 3-D sonogram on Friday. Greg is going to get to be there! This will be the first sono he has seen in a long time. I hope they cooperate and move around for us.
Thank you to everyone who has prayed for us. Those prayers have been answered!
I will keep you posted