Friday, November 20, 2009

33 weeks 3 days!!

Can you believe it? Another week has past!!

Here is what the babies are doing this week.

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

We have had a great week. Last weekend Greg and I got all of our last minute stuff done......I think.

Greg and I had both had our flue shots but we still had the H1N1 shot to mark off our list. I know some people think we are being overly protective but when you try for something as hard as we have we feel it is our obligation as parents to do everything we can to protect our "little ones." After talking to several Dr.'s we decided that we want anyone that will be around the babies to have all of their flu shots. It is just not worth it to us to take the chance to expose them to anything. Last week at my Dr.'s appointment I was able to get my H1N1 shot. I was relieved to finally have that taken care of. Saturday morning Greg and I were having breakfast and we were talking about the shot and when he was going to get his. I called Urgent Care just to see if they happened to have any left. It is hard since Greg is not here during the week and that is usually when they get their shipments. When I called the girl that answered had not worked for a week so she was not sure if they had any. She had me wait while she went and looked. When she came back she said they had 2, but they had already told 2 other people that they had them so she said it was a race to see who got there first. I told her I had had mine but we were expecting twins in the next few weeks and my husband had not gotten his yet. She said "tell him to hurry, he definitely needs to get one." Greg ran out the door and flew to the clinic. He made it!!
My sister got her shot a couple of weeks ago at work so three of us were taken care of so far. Tuesday I saw in the paper that they were having a flu clinic at the Civic Center on Wednesday. I called Mom and Dad to let them know since they do not have a Dr. here yet. It started at 6 a.m. That morning of course I was wide awake, I called Mom and Dad and they were there. It took them about an hour but they got their shot. As they were leaving there was no one in line so Dad called me to let me know if I knew of anyone else to call them they could get right in. I called Larry and Ginger and they went down there and were able to get theirs really fast. Lesa got hers on Thursday so slowly one by one we are getting everybody taken care of.

Saturday evening Greg and I got a hot chocolate and went to Babies-R-Us to get the babies stuff from Santa Claus. That was kind of hard to figure out what to get them. We have gotten so much over the past few months and almost everything off of our shower registry is gone. (what a blessing) Greg and I finally decided on a activity gym. We had not received one yet and we thought we would definitely need that before too long. We got a really cute one that we can expand and both babies will be able to lay head to head and have their own toys to play with at the same time. We have a couple of other things we are going to get them but that is their main gift. I am sure that they will receive so much from everyone else. Greg is ready for the day that he can stay up all night putting bikes together and stuff like that. He just loves Christmas!! (What a great Daddy he is going to be!!)

I thought I had everything I needed but since all I do is sit here all week and I don't sleep at night I had had time to think of a few more things. I just feel like I am running out of time..... Sunday Greg and I went to Wal-Mart to get the final things on the list. I think we got it all. I am sure if I really think about it I could think of something else......so I just won't think right now.

We had all of our errands run just in time for the Cowboys. That was a terrible game.

Greg had to leave that evening to head back to Brownfield/Denver City for the next 10 days. He will be home next Wednesday just in time for Thanksgiving. We are having Thanksgiving at Mom and Dad's new house so that will be fun!!

Monday I slept in and relaxed all day long. I am always so tired after Greg leaves. Tuesday I had an appointment to do my Pre-Admission to the hospital. I really wanted Greg to be there with me so he could know what to expect too but I couldn't get anyone to call me back over the weekend so I had to go by myself. Since Greg won't be home til Thanksgiving I was to scared to wait for the weekend after. I just wanted to get it over with so that we were all ready when it is time. It was really easy. I spent more time chit chatting than anything( imagine that) The nurse that did my pre-admission paper work had worked in one of the offices I use to call on and I hadn't seen her in forever so we caught up on everything. I also had questions about the differences in twin births. She explained to me that if I were to deliver before 36 weeks the babies would go straight to the NICU and Greg would not be able to go with them but if they were born after 36 weeks they would take them to the nursery and Greg would get to go. I want Greg to be with them so we have to get to 36 weeks. No matter how I deliver natural or C-section I will deliver in an operating room. If both babies are head down I will try natural labor but there is always the chance that after the first one is born that the second one could flip and they would have to do a C-section. If I deliver naturally as soon as the epidural wears off and I can go to the bathroom they will either wheel me down to the NICU to see the babies if it is before 36 weeks or they will bring the babies to us in our room if it is over 36 weeks. If I have to have a C-section then after recovery the same thing would happen. I wanted to make sure with her that the babies would not be brought out of the nursery before I was there. She said absolutely not. She said when I was ready they would clear the room for us and then bring the babies in and let Greg and I spend some time with them first and then after we have some time by ourselves we could invite everybody else in. Shortly after that the lactation nurse will come in and clear the room and let me feed them. I am so excited to see their faces and kiss them all over. I can't believe we are getting so close......After we were done of course I had to walk down to the nursery and see if there were any babies in there to see. There were two pushed right up to the window. They were so sweet. I just looked at my belly and thought I can not believe I have two of them inside of there right now.

After I left the hospital I still had a few things I needed so I decided to run a couple of errands since I was out. I ran into Babies-R-Us and got the baby books I had picked out. That was a quick in and out of the store. After that I met Jamie at Target to get a couple things there. I have the babies outfits for going home from the hospital but I needed 2 bows just in case they are girls. After we left there I was pooped and starving so Jamie and I went to Sakura and met Lesa for lunch. We had a good time!! It was nice to have some "girl time." After we ate we ran to Ross. I spent most of that trip sitting in a chair in the middle of the store while Jamie and Lesa looked at everything. I was so tired by the time I got home that afternoon. It doesn't take much for me to be worn out, if only I could sleep...... I knew that I would be in the recliner for the next few days.

The babies are continuing to grow and grow. They move all of the time. Baby B has now scooted over so Baby A has more room. In the past 3 days Baby A has been my most active one. I need to take an updated picture of my belly. For those of you who have not seen me in awhile you will so surprised. My belly is huge!! I know I must look like I am about to pop because everywhere I go people ask me if I am about due.

Mom and I are going to make the bed skirts for the babies Christmas bedding this weekend. I can not wait to decorate their room. Greg and I will do that next Friday when we put the rest of the Christmas stuff up. My sister and I got miniature Christmas decorations to make a tree for their room. I will decorate that this weekend too.

I hate that Greg is not coming home this weekend. I miss him when he is gone for a long time, especially right now. I want him to feel everything I am feeling and see his "little ones" moving all over the place. Only 2 more weeks and this job will be done!! I will happy to have him back here.

4 more days and I will be 34 weeks!!!
Continue to pray for us. We HAVE to get to 36 weeks!!!