Wednesday, November 11, 2009

32 Weeks 1 day and Dr. appointment update

Here is what the babies are doing this week

Your baby is now about 4 pounds—an incredible increase of almost 2 pounds from last month—and about 15.5 inches long.
Your baby's appearance changes rapidly this week. Most of the wrinkles disappear from her face, and there may be a lot of hair on her head. In fact as the lanugo hair on her body begins to fall off, the hair on her head grows even faster. By week 32 some babies already have a thick head of hair while others have only a few strands.


Other developments this week:


Nails. Your baby will have completely formed fingernails and toenails.
Head movement. She can turn her head from side to side.
Organs continue to mature.
Sucking. Your little one’s sucking muscles have matured and enable her to latch on and breastfeed once she arrives. A good sucking pattern is also a sign of good brain and muscle development.
Dreaming. Toward the end of the eighth month, she begins dreaming during sleep, according to brain scans. Due to her impressive brain development, her sleep will now include both REM and non-REM sleep stages. REM stands for "rapid eye movement," the dreaming stage of sleep
.

I still can't believe how fast time is flying.
I am sitting here right now in the recliner watching the CMA Awards. I sure hope these two love Country music as much as their Mommy does. I have been looking forward to these awards all week.

Greg and I had a great weekend. Since it was so hot Greg didn't end up going hunting so we watched football all weekend. The Cowboys WON!!! We were excited about that. Saturday night Greg and I got White Hot Chocolate at Starbucks and went to look at Santa Claus's at a couple of stores. I wanted to get out for awhile. It doesn't take me long to know that it is time to be back down. Our trip was quick. We were disappointed this year, you can definitely tell the economy is not good because there are not a lot of Christmas decorations like there normally are. Greg loves Santa Claus's so we have made it a tradition to get a couple each year. We found a couple at Hobby Lobby but they were not on sale yet but, you know me, I need them to be a bargain before I will buy them. We looked at stockings for the babies but we couldn't decide which ones we liked best. I have been looking online to see if I can find the perfect ones. After we looked for a bit we ran by Mom and Dad's. Mom had made enchiladas and she had a pan for us to cook on Sunday. By the time we got there the hot chocolate had hit the babies and I guess Baby B loved it. He was moving all around and then he got the hiccups. That was the first time Greg has felt one of them have the hiccups. It was cute.

I had a Dr.'s appointment Monday. Once again it it was quick and easy. They were extremely busy so I had to wait awhile but that just gave me time to chit chat with everyone and catch up. I gained 2 lbs in 2 weeks so I was pleased with that. My body has changed so much that I thought for sure that I would have gained more. We listened to the babies heart beats and they sounded great. Dr. Meeks checked my cervix and it is still closed!!! Good news to my ears. Sunday the babies had shifted and I couldn't figure out how they were in there. I asked Dr. Meeks and he poked around on my stomach and said he thought one was head up and one was head down. How can he do that? I guess lots of experience. That is just amazing to me. He said he would see me in 2 weeks.

Dr. Meeks ordered a sonogram but they weren't able to get me in until the next day so yesterday I went for my sonogram. I was so anxious to see how big these little ones are and if they were head up and head down.......Dr. Meeks was right. Baby A is head down and Baby B is head up. They are kind of in a circle all mostly on the right side of my stomach. If Baby B would scoot over they would have so much more room, but if Baby B scooted over then he wouldn't be able to have his little booty in Baby A's face!! Can you believe that? Finally, he moved his feet out of his face and then shoved his booty in it. That's OK Baby A is getting him back now. His knee was in the side of Baby B's head. I have a feeling when they get here they are going to want to be close to each other all of the time, they won't know what to do if they are not kicking, punching or just touching each other. Both babies have hair, not a lot but quite a bit of fuzz. Can you believe they can tell that on a sonogram? I think about what they look like all of the time.

They both had grown so much. Baby A my little one with no room is 3 lbs 6 oz. and Baby B my awnry one is 3 lbs. 14 oz. (Maybe he got ALL of the hot chocolate) By the end of the week Baby B will definitely be over 4 lbs!! They are doing so good!! We are still shooting for 6 lbs each.

Larry and Ginger brought me dinner last night. Steak, baked potato, salad and green beans. It was so Yummy! The babies love it too. It is so funny to see how active they get once the food hits them. Baby B got the hiccups again and I didn't think he was ever going to get rid of them. That is the neatest feeling. I just picture what he looks like while he is hiccuping and wonder if it makes him mad. I'm sure Baby A is wondering what is going on over there......

I will post sono pics later. I can't get up right now the CMA's are still on so check back.

After having Greg home for most of the last 2 weeks he is off to another job now. He left Monday for Denver City. He will be home this weekend and then I think they are going to work through til Thanksgiving. I told these babies they have to hold on for at least 4 more weeks until this job is done so that their Daddy can be in town when they decide to come into this world. So far they are listening.......

I think I just about have everything ready for them to be here. I finally figured out my last few Christmas gifts I needed so I will order those online and I am done. The nursery is all set up, just waiting until the day after Thanksgiving to put the Christmas bedding on. We got our co sleeper in and so Greg will set that up this weekend. Mine and the babies bags are packed. I have everything sitting in one of the babies beds ready to go. The camera and camcorder and all of the chargers are packed. I will take my computer with me to the hospital so that I can blog there and you all can see pictures ASAP. I still can't believe that it is almost time.


Just keep praying for us. We are getting close but we are not ready just yet.
I will keep you posted!!