We are getting closer!
Here is what the babies are doing this week
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
I am sitting here doing my normal day to day activities these days. I am in the recliner watching my 3rd episode of the Baby Story. Everyday from noon to 2 that is what I do. I just love it! I can not wait to hear our babies cry and see them for the first time. The babies are just growing and growing. Baby A is becoming more active. Baby B must have moved over a little bit. Last night Greg and I watched "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" and the babies were going crazy through the whole show. I had 2 heads poking out of my stomach. I made Greg get up and come feel and then when he sat back down and looked over at me he could still see them. I feel hands and feet and knees and bottoms and heads in the weirdest places. I wish I had a sono machine to be able to look at them at all times. I can not figure out how they are placed in there and what they are doing.
I had my 30 week appointment on Monday. My Dr. is out of town right now so it was pretty quick. Tammy (my nurse) weighed me. I gained a half lb. in 2 weeks. Last time I had gained 8 lbs but I was really swollen. I was retaining a lot of water from being up on my feet all day. For 2 weeks I have done nothing but lay in the recliner or on the sofa. All of my swelling is gone so the babies have made up for the weight now. Tammy measured my belly and I am measuring 35 weeks. 2 weeks ago I measure 31 weeks. I knew I had grown! I feel like my stomach is in my throat right now. The more I grow the worse the heartburn gets. This by far has been the worst part of it all. My esophagus is on fire all of the time. Nothing I can take works. It is miserable at night. After Tammy measured me we listened to the heart beats. We listened a little longer this time since she was not as busy. It is amazing how different their hearts sound. I didn't have a cervix check that day. Dr. Meeks didn't want to take the chance of it causing my cervix to start dilating while he is out of town. He will be back next Tuesday. Tammy said she would call me next week and let me know if he wants to do a sonogram. I am anxious to have another sonogram and see how big they are getting. I bet they are over 3 and a half lbs by now. My next appointment is in 2 weeks.
Greg has been home now for a week. He did have a one day job in Denver City on Monday but he was home that night. It has been nice having him here. He is a huge help. I am not use to having someone do EVERYTHING for me. I am getting use to it though...He!! He!! Greg and I did something fun this weekend. Sunday night we put the car seats in the car!! We put the mirrors in and adjusted them so that I could see them in my rear view mirror and we even put the window shades on each window. It is so weird to get in my car right now and look back and see them. It won't be long before there will to precious little babies in them!!
Larry and Ginger have brought dinner over 4 times this week. We have had Stew, Green Chile Enchiladas, a casserole called Cattlemans? I think that is the name? and chili. It was all so yummy! Thanks Larry and Ginger this has made it so easy for us.
Greg will be home almost all of the next week. He has a few day jobs but he will be home that night. He has a big job starting Nov. 9th. It will take them about a month to complete so NO BABIES during that time. I tell the babies every day we are in no hurry. I want to take them home with us from the hospital so they need to stay in there for at least 6 more weeks!
Believe it or not I have not gotten bored yet. I don't know how but my days seem to fly by. It won't be long before I have 2 babies to make the time go by even faster!!
Continue to keep us in your prayers! We are doing great!