Thursday, September 30, 2010

9 Months (a little late...)


Yesterday was the boys 9 months appointment. It was at 9:15 so I was a little worried about how they were going to act. They are not usually out of bed until then. The boys woke at 5:15 for their morning bottle and then I put them back to bed. I crawled back in bed and laid there and laid there and laid there with my morning plans running thru my head. I eventually realized that I was not going to be able to fall back asleep so I just got up and hopped in the shower. I got to take a long shower which never happens unless Greg is home so that was nice. I was able to get completely ready except dressed before I even got the boys up. I figured I would wait until after I fed and bathed the boys to put my good clothes on for the day…..I woke them up about 7:45 and took them to the living room for their bottle. I fed them and then bathed each of them just in the sink because it is faster. I was going to bathe them the night before but in the mornings their noses have been so crusty that I wanted to be able to get that all out of their noses and suction everything out. I got both dressed and put in their activity saucers (contained) while I went and changed. We were out the door at 8:45 just as planned. Lesa was meeting us there so I wanted to be able to grab us a Pumpkin Spice Late at Starbucks on the way. We pulled in at 9:05 to the parking lot and I started unloading the boys. We rolled in just in time. After I found my keys on top of the car…. The boys were very happy and all smiles. They both love Lesa so much and they get so excited to see her. Of course Kyler was giving all of Mommy’s kisses to her but that’s okay. They got us right back so we undressed the boys and got them ready to weigh. Connor weighed 20 lbs 7 oz and Kyler weighed 17 lbs 4 oz. They were exactly what I though they would weigh. Connor is 29 and a half inches and Kyler is 28 inches. We are ready for big boy car seats now!!!! While we waited on the Dr. we put the boys back in the stroller and gave them some toys to play with. They love their new seats. They have so much room to sit up and play in. When the Dr. came in she asked how I was surviving I told here great, as long as I get sleep. I told her the boys were sleeping 13 hours a night and she was amazed. She said “Do they take a nap during the day?” and I said yes a 3 hour nap and then a little power nap. She said “I don’t know what you are doing but you are good!” That made me feel really good. I told her they are very scheduled and she said to “continue doing what you are doing because they are doing great”. Next she asked about what they are eating. I told her how much formula and all of the different foods they have had so far. She asked about finger foods and I told her not yet we wanted to know what she thought. She asked if they were crawling and I told her Kyler is but Connor isn’t although he is getting close. She said that when Connor starts crawling then we could start finger foods. They both have their pincer grip down so they are ready to grab food. We could start Kyler now but I just assume wait and do it at the same time. I have a feeling it might be a little hard with Connor at first because he is all about texture. She said that he will work through that himself once he is able to touch it he just may gag a lot in the beginning. I told here EVERYTHING that Kyler is doing and just in case she didn’t believe me Kyler showed her. Good Boy, you didn’t make a fool of Mommy. The more he did the more she couldn’t believe and then she looked at me and said “he is really scary smart” I said I know that is what I said. I told her what Connor is doing and she said "that he is right on track not to worry, Kyler is just advanced". I told her that Greg has started calling Kyler “Jr” after him of course and she said “I am rolling my eyes at that” (Even she has already picked up on Greg’s orneriness.) He! He! I had 2 questions for her. I wanted her to look at Connors eyes and Kylers head. Connor seems to sometimes have a lazy eye. She asked me if when I notice it that he is tired I said yes. That made sense. He was following her but she did notice it sometimes. Which he was sleepy. She referred us to a specialist so I will be anxious to see what they think. I had her look at Kylers head. Even though I can see it starting to round out I just wanted to make sure that it was okay. Again she told us that they have until 18 months for it to completely take shape. She said "it is rounding out wonderfully though". She looked the boys over and said they looked great. She could tell they have a little cold but that it wasn’t in their chest so that was good just to continue on the C-Phen until they dry up. The boys were up to date on all of their vaccinations so they only needed their flu shot. She was able to give me a shot too which I was so thankful for. The boys both just gave out one little scream and cry but after I picked them up they were fine. They did so good. They were happy the whole time! We go back in 6 weeks to get their 2nd flu shot and then we don’t have to go back until Dec. 29th!!

Okay 2 stories about the day that didn’t go as planned. After we sat down in the waiting room I realized 2 things. I forgot my camera and I left my phone in the car. I had Lesa call Greg to let him know we made it there okay and that we would call him afterwards. I hated that I didn’t have my camera to take pics but Lesa took a lot with her phone so that was fine. When we got done we rolled the boys out to the car and guess what was on top of my car? My phone!! On the opposite side of where I put my keys. Thank goodness nobody saw it and decided they wanted a new Iphone. I was on Les’a phone with Greg and I finally told Greg I have to go Lesa is putting the boys in the car and doing everything and I am just standing here, I will call you when we are driving home. I laid Lesa’s phone on top of the car while I started loading up the boys stroller. (Do you see where this story is going???) We got everything loaded and we told Lesa Thank you and we drove off. Success! I was thinking in my head everything went as planned. I no more than pulled on the boulevard and picked up speed and I heard this loud thump thump thump. I looked in my rearview mirror to see what looked like a phone bouncing of the street. I thought that looks like a phone but I am on my phone and then it hit me. Noooooooooooooo………..It was Lesa’s phone…..I shot a loop around and Lesa saw me do that so she pulled over thinking that I realized that I had her phone and was going to go back and bring it to her. I called her just hoping that she would answer and that was not what I thought it was. No answer……When I got back to the phone and pulled over to get it out of the road it was in a million pieces and had been run over by everybody that drove down the road after me. I got back into my car and was surprised to see Lesa up ahead I didn’t know she had pulled over. She hopped out and said “You have my phone” As I handed it to her she had this look on her face like “What the heck is this” She had no idea what had happened. So, yesterday, I bought a new phone. I immediately handed her my credit card and said "go get a new one" she said "no it was my fault" and I said "no it wasn’t I remember what happened exactly I put it there when I got off of the phone with Greg". She has a new one being mailed and her old one was able to be turned on until then. Thank goodness I felt so bad that she was without a phone yesterday…

Well Note to Self. DO NOT put anything on top of the car! You think I would have learned my lesson when I did it the 1st time yesterday……Oh well, the boys were perfectly taken care of and that’s what matters most!

Before we left the office Lesa sent me 2 pictures from her phone to my phone from the visit, she was going to send the rest later but……..they were crushed into a million little pieces. Glad I got these 2 though!

Here are their 9 month pictures. Always interesting is all I can say…….