First let me go back to the first of the week. Sunday we went to church for the 3rd week in a row and the boys did great again! We even got compliments on how good they are. Of course that made Greg and I proud.
Greg is still working in Cactus right now so he is driving back and forth. It is nice to have him home nightly. It makes everything feel a little more normal. I get to talk to him in person each night which is nice because Greg hates talking on the phone. He is working sun up to sun down right now so he gets home late and leaves out very early but I love that he is here if even just for a few hours.
This week the boys started sleeping til 6!! I put them to bed around 9 so I am so happy about this. It is even better that they are doing this now since Greg is home, it allows him to get a full nights sleep too. Greg has never missed a night time feeding when he is home so I am glad that they are sleeping because I know he needs the rest. Since they are sleeping til 6 I feed them and put them back to bed. Yesterday they slept til 9:30 but today I had some errands to run so when they started stirring around 8:10 I went ahead and got them up. I was hoping that they would eat and then be able to get a little nap in before we left and then they would be good until we got home. (wishful thinking) It takes a few days to learn and adjust to a new schedule and when we are going somewhere it really makes it hard. I should have it figured out in a couple of days. For the 1st time of taking them out in the morning I didn’t feed them cereal and a bottle. I just fed them a bottle. Bad, bad mistake. That is a definite MUST from now on. Just the bottle does not satisfy them as long. I put them down for a short nap while I got ready and then loaded them up. I had to go to the bank. I was hoping to just go thru the drive thru but I had to wire some money so I had to go in. So I got the stroller out and rolled both of them in. They both were great in the bank.
My BIG plans for the day was to take the boys to meet my friends at Dr. Hands office. I was excited for everyone to see them and I got to meet my friend Mae Lyn’s little girl J’Mae who is 7 weeks older than the boys and her little boy Decatur.
I decided that I would go to the bank first so if the boys got fussy closer to lunch time then it wouldn’t be in the bank. I knew the girls would understand at the office.
Good thing we went to the bank first….
I rolled the boys into the office and of course no smiles for anyone for awhile. They just sat there trying to figure out who all of these people were. Kyler finally decided to give a few grins but Connor was just taking it all in. I got my little girl fix by holding J’Mae. She is beautiful! She has her Mommy’s big brown pretty eyes. She was all smiles and as happy as could be. Connor warmed up a little bit and gave a few grins. It was getting close to noon (lunch time) and the fussy/CRYING started. Ohhhhhh the dreaded meltdown…….Kyler had dropped his paci at the bank so it was in the car so there was only one paci so I just swapped it back and forth. At one time we had 3 babies crying because J’Mae started crying because the boys were crying. We finally got them settled down and by the end Kyler was belly laughing at Monte (who has a sweet 7 week old grandson Parker) playing patti cake with him. I had to laugh because the girls read the blog and I am always talking about how they are “perfect” little boys. I’m sure they are thinking ya right!!!
I still had so much fun. I miss everybody so much. I can’t believe that it has been 7 months since I worked.
By the time I pulled out of the parking lot the boys were asleep. I brought them home stripped them down to their diapers and fed them cereal, green beans and a bottle. They are now down for their 3 hour nap. They were exhausted. They were both out within 5 minutes.
So there you have it. My first public encounter with crying/SCREAMING boys. It is crazy how the cries seem to be even louder when there are other people around…
Sunday the boys will be dedicated at church. I am hoping for my “perfect” little boys to be the ones who make an appearance that day. I will let you know. Ha!