I had my 1st Ob appointment at 2:45 on Monday. I went by myself because I was only going to meet with Tammy (the nurse) and go over paper work and have some blood work done. She said that it was still to early to hear the hearts beat with twins so Greg really did not have to be there. I worked in that office that morning so I had them weigh me then so that I wouldn't have to wait until after I had eaten and drank all day. I have gained 5 pounds since the transfer. I had gained 9 pounds with all of the medicine before that so I am at 14 pounds already. She said I was doing great for twins. She said with twins I would probably gain 45-50 pounds. I am right on target. I should gain a pound a week from here on out. She figured my due date as January 5th. She talked a lot about mile stones with twins. Of course getting to 12 weeks is the first one then I will have several along the way. They really want me to make it to 34 weeks and they really hope for 36. It was definitely a reality talk that we had to have. They will monitor me very closely. If at any point they are seeing any change I would be on limited bed rest or full bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy. She said right now the best thing I can do is be stress free and lay around and rest as much as possible. I am allowed to exercise no more that 20 minutes a day. She does not want my heart rate elevated longer than that each day. Around 28 weeks I will not be able to travel anymore. She said there is not a hospital from here to Dallas that could take care of me and the babies if I were to go into labor. We talked about the delivery and more than likely with twins I will have to have a C-section unless both babies are head down. I am going to deliver at Northwest Texas Hospital because they have an excellent Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Even if the babies are full term they will monitor them very closely while we are there. She said the time that they will be in the room will be very limited. When she figured my due date she realized that I was already almost 11 weeks. She thought I was only close to 10. She said "Jen, do you want to hear the hearts beat?" I hestitated because Greg was not there to hear but I wanted to make sure they were OK . She found the first one really fast. It was amazing! It was so fast. The 2nd one was a little harder to find and hear. They are really close beside each other. She found the first one on the right side and then went to the left side. She finally found the second one in the middle. I can not wait for my appointment next week. I will have a full exam with Dr. Meeks and they will listen for the heart beat again. Greg will definitely be at that appointment with me.
I had a POA in Oklahoma City on Wednesday. Danny and I left Tuesday and drove there. We had a District dinner that evening and then meetings all day Wednesday. It wore me out! I was not able to take a nap either day and I did not sleep very well Tuesday night. We drove home right after the meeting and got home around 8. I could not wait to sleep. With all of the storms we did not go to sleep until after midnight and I had a 7:15 breakfast and after that a lunch in Pampa. I could not wait to get home to take a nap. I slept for 3 hours!! It was the best sleep I think I have ever had. I never knew how much 2 little babies could ZAP my energy.
I will be 12 weeks next week. Greg and I are so excited to spread the news. Only 1 week left!!!
My appointment is Thursday so I will post after that and let you know how we are doing!
Continue to pray for a LONG, healthy pregnancy.