

Yesterday we were 10 weeks. Things seem to going right along. I stopped all of my medicine on Monday and since then I have been a little more nauseous and a lot more sleepy. I don't know if it has anything to do with the medicine or just me growing and having more symptoms. I have officially lost my waist line! Wednesday afternoon I had the worst head ache. I laid down when I got home from work and slept for awhile. When I stood up my head would just pound! When Greg got home I got up so we could decide what we wanted to eat. Greg was working in Hereford this week so he has been home every night! They are doing a line job right now so Greg is filthy when he gets home. He is covered in creosote. The smell is so bad (even when your not pregnant) Greg needed me to scratch his back and I did but I got one whiff of the creosote and it was over. I threw up for the first time that evening. After I got sick I felt so much better. We went and got PeiWei and it I felt great the rest of the evening!
The embryo reaches a developmental milestone at the end of this week--it has achieved its basic structural form, and will be known as a fetus (Latin for "offspring") from now until it reaches full term. Because the fetus is still curled up in a snug position in the uterus, it's hard to measure an exact length including the legs. For this reason, health professionals use the crown-to-rump measurement, or the distance from the top of the head to the buttocks. Your baby's crown-to-rump length is now about 1 1/4 inches, and she weighs less than half an ounce.
Yesterday I took my regular nap after work. When I went to get up I just sat straight up like a set up like I always do and when I did it felt like my insides ripped on the right side. It was the worst pain. All evening I had a crampy feeling on that side. I told Greg and my sister that I thought I was really growing because I was really achy and it felt like everything was pulling and stretching. I was told by my nurse in Dallas that I would feel this way because my stomach was so little I was going to have lots of aches and pains while the uterus is growing. Last night before I went to bed I just didn't feel right. I got up around 12:30 and went to the bathroom and I had started spotting. I lost it. I started crying and told Greg. I called the answering service and Dr. Castillo was on call. I said "Dr. Castillo, this is Jenifer Jackson" she said "Do I know you?" I said "yes, it's Jenifer the drug rep, the Premarin rep" she said "Jenifer, what's wrong?" I told her I was 10 weeks pregnant with twins and I was having some cramping and I had just started spotting and I was really worried. She explained that this could be perfectly normal with any pregnancy, but she wondered how I knew that it was twins. I told her that we did infertility and we had already had 3 sonograms. She asked when my last sono was and I told here Monday and I told her my progesterone levels. She said everything sounded really good. She said that if I got up the in the morning and was still having some spotting to give Dr. Meeks a call because they may want to do a sonogram just to make sure it all looks good. I did not sleep at all. I got up around 7:30 and took a shower so that I could call them at 8 and if they wanted to see me right then I was ready. I called Tammy my nurse and I told her the same thing. She said she didn't want me to worry that I was having a miscarriage that this is perfectly normal. She wanted to talk to Dr. Meeks about doing a sonogram and she would call me back. She called me back and said they could not get me in til 3:15. She told me to get in the bed and just rest until then. At 10:30 my phone rang and it was Patti the receptionist in ultrasound, she said Jenifer we can get you in at 11:30. I said I will be there. Greg had a meeting this morning at 10 so I called him and he said he would meet me there. They took me right back when I got there. I was so nervous. I just kept thinking, please let there be 2 heart beats. Thank God, there were!! Both babies were very active this morning. Baby A was doin a dance again. He was all over the place and Baby B was waving at us. I was so relieved. What they found was a small place in the uterus called a Subchorionic bleed or hematoma.
Subchorionic bleeding is the accumulation of blood within the folds of the chorion (the outer fetal membrane, next to the placenta) or within the layers of the placenta itself.
It was very small. She said that it is outside the sacs of the babies so it is not affecting the babies. She said usually what happens is the body will get rid of the blood clot. She said it will dissolve on its own and my body will pass the blood. She sad more than likely that is what it is already doing since I am spotting. Everything else looked great. My cervix was long and closed. She called my nurse immediately and I talked to Tammy she said everything is fine she just wants me to take it easy this weekend and I will see them on Monday.
I came straight home and Greg grabbed us some lunch and then I went to bed for the next 3 hours. I was exhausted since I didn't sleep last night.
I am so thankful that everything is going to be OK. I was so upset last night. I love these babies so much already and I worry about them all of the time.
Keep us in your prayers. We need a long, healthy pregnancy!