Monday, October 18, 2010

Connor's Pediatric Opthamology Appointment


We are now home and the day went great!! I woke up at the early time of 4:30 this morning, not because it was time to get up but because Kyler woke up so I went in to give him his paci and he went right back to sleep but for me I laid there thinking about everything I needed to do to make sure the day went smooth. (Stroller in the car, bottles, cereal, food in the cooler, water to mix the cereal, diapers, wipes, bibs, toys, blankets, pacis, insurance card etc.) At 6:15 I finally decided to crawl out of bed and hop in the shower. Kyler woke around 6:45 so I got him up and bathed him and got him dressed and then Connor was awake so "Take 2" I bathed and dressed him. I got the boys in their seats and they drank their bottle and I went ahead and fixed them cereal so that they would be good and full and be able to make it to lunch time since our appointment was at 10:30 I didn’t know when we would be out to eat. We pulled out of the garage at 7:50. I was meeting Lesa at Brooklyn’s school at 8 so we were doing good on time. I picked Lesa up and was soooooo happy to see that she had grabbed us a coffee. Much needed for the 2 hour drive. My one cup I managed to gulp down was not enough. By the time we hit the highway the boys were already starting to doze off. They were so good. Even when they woke up they just looked around and smiled. We made it to the Dr.’s office at 10:15. Perfect, just enough time to fill out the paperwork and take a seat and wait…... We waited forever……The boys did good but we had to make a few adjustments to different scenery after awhile they were getting bored and it was hot in there. We finally went back and he looked at Connors eyes and said he wanted to dilate them and then check them again so he put the drops in his eyes and we went back to the waiting room for another 30 minutes to wait. Both boys were pretty sleepy by then. He called us back in and looked at his eyes again and said he thinks his eyes are perfect. He said what we are noticing is actually an illusion. He has a wide space between his two eyes and you see lots of white because he has not developed the bridge of his nose yet so it is appearing that his eyes are lazy or sometimes cross but they are not.. He got scientific and in depth but that was the gist of it. He said that it would be very apparent in pictures and I said Yes! He said if we go back and look very closely at those pictures that actually the flash will be in the same place on both eyes. (I am going to have to look and see) He said at this age that if he were cross eyed it would be extremely noticeable and it is not so he is fine. He said he would see us in 2 years. Great news!!

We wheeled out of the office at 12:00. Just in time to eat. Connors eyes were a little sensitive but not bad. Luckily it had gotten cloudy so the sun didn’t bother him. We parked the stroller by the car and I grabbed everything out to make their lunch. They ate a bottle while I made them their cereal, roast and veggies. By the time I had it mixed and into 2 bowls they were done with their bottles and Lesa and I each fed one. We got them out of the stroller, changed their diapers in the front seat and were on the road by 12:15. We had to run by the gym to pick up Lesa’s phone and I called in McCallisters for lunch so we grabbed that and we were on our way home. By 12:30 both boys were asleep. Kyler slept the whole way home and Connor dozed off twice. With a little Baby Einstein music and Lesa crawling over the seat a couple of times to find Connor's paci he was fine. Overall it was a success!! They did great for this being their first road trip!!

Thank you Lesa!! We enjoyed the company and it made it a lot easier having 2 sets of hands!!

Once again I forgot my camera so Iphone pics will have to do. I need to put my snap and shoot in my purse so that I always have it with me.

Entertaining in the waiting room......






Waiting for Connor's eyes to dilate....