Greg and I were so excited! It was hard to beleive that after all of this time waiting that within 2 hours we would be Mommy and Daddy.
Our last picture together, just the two of us....
Around 5:45 the nurses came back to prep me and take me back to the operating room. I really started to get a little nervouse. They had Greg get dressed to go back with me. That was enough to keep me entertained..........
Right about 6 they came to get us and wheel us back. They had Greg wait until they got my epidural. I had dreaded that part the most. I had heard that it really hurt so I was expecting it to be worse than what it was. It wasn't bad at all. After they were through they brought Greg in. Greg had no desire to see anything that was going on behind the curtain. He stayed right down beside my head. He asked them how long until the babies get here and they said with Dr. Meeks, 5 minutes. Greg told them that he didn't want them to tell us what they were he wanted them to show him and then he would say. They told him in order to do that he would have to look, he said never mind. They were able to talk him into it though. All of the sudden I felt a little pulling and tugging and I heard them say "OK look." It was so funny. As soon as Greg would stand up to look he would sit down, I don't know how many time he went up and down before he finally saw the baby. He said "Doodle, It's A Boy!" He was so excited! One minute later they told him to stand up and look again and he yelled out "It's A Boy!" He just kept saying it over and over. (All of Greg's friends kept giving him a hard time about having two girls and Greg kept telling everybody it was two boys, I guess he knew something we didn't........hmmmmmmm...did he slip the sono tech a 20????) After that he was gone. He couldn't wait to get over there to them. He would come back over and show me a picture and then run back over to the other one. I loved seeing him so happy!!
Now, we always said that our first born son's name (if we had a boy) would be Connor James. Greg came running over to me and said "Doodle, can we name the big one Connor James?" The whole operating room was laughing. Of course, I didn't care, at that point I was just so excited that they were here and healthy. Then he changed his mind and said no we will name the first one Connor and then he would change his mind again. The nurse told him they would just put Baby A and Baby B as their names and when we decided we could change it.
Kyler Luke Jackson was born at 6:25. He was 4 lbs 11 oz and 17 3/4 inches long. Connor James Jackson was born at 6:26 and was 5 lbs 15 oz and 18 inches long. Did anyone catch that? Yes, Greg named the biggest Baby the 2nd one Connor James! When I look at them their names fit each of them perfect.
They had warned me about how many people would be in the operating room. It was crazy, there were people everywhere. All of the sudden though everybody was gone. Greg came over and he was holding Connor. He tried to show him to me but I couldn't see him, Greg was too worried that he was going to drop him if he held him up so I saw just a little of him. The nurse was holding Kyler, she brought him down where I could kiss him and see his little face. He was so cute!!

Trying to see Connor

Kissing Kyler
After that everybody left to go to the nursery. The nurse told me that they were doing great but they were going to put Kyler on some oxygen for just a little bit. I was so relieved that they were not having to go to the NICU.
Connor and Kyler waiting to be checked out
Kyler receiving oxygen
The room went from lots of commotion to silence. Dr. Meeks finished sewing me up and then they took me to recovery. Once I got to recovery Greg was able to come back and see me. I don't know how many times he ran back and forth from the nursery to recovery. While I was back there I asked the nurse if I could be on the phone and she said yes so Greg gave me my cell phone and I called Sandi and Joanne. They were both anxiously waiting to hear from us. After that I texted everyone to let them know that the babies were here. (If I didn't have your # in my new phone then you didn't get a text, I'm sorry.......I wanted to tell the world!) Jamie and Lesa were out in the waiting room. Lesa was videoing everything for me and Jamie was texting me letting me know what was going on in the nursery. It was great to know what was going on out there.
After 1 hour in recovery they wheeled me back to my room. Wouldn't you know that we had the babies during shift change, daily assessment time and a very busy delivery day. They had 26 babies back there and 3 sets of twins. They did not bring the babies to us until almost 10. That was the longest wait ever. I couldn't wait to see our babies!!
Dad couldn't stand it......he just had to get his hands on his Grandsons!!!
Finally I got to meet them.
Daddy passing Connor to me
After that everybody left so that I could feed them. Connor did a great job but Kyler wasn't taking it to it as easy. Come to find out they had fed them in the nursery so he wasn't hungry. Since then both babies are nursing great. By the end of the 1st day I was feeding them both at the same time. That cuts down on time tremendously. We got a routine down in the hospital. At first I would feed them and then pass them off to Greg to change their diaper and swaddle them. Now I am helping with the diaper changes and swaddling too. Greg is such a good Daddy! (I knew he would be)
Our first night was good. I don't really remember a lot about it. It was such a whirlwind, I have no idea where the time went. I kept looking at the clock and hours were just passing by. Greg and I definitely were running on adrenaline. We could not sleep we were so happy!!
That pretty much sums up The Delivery and the few hours after. (I think....If I remeber more I will add it later)
I will keep you posted







