Here is what the babies are doing this week
Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.
Last week I was really dragging. I did not sleep at all. I just felt achy and exhausted all week long. Friday I was really looking forward to Greg coming home because I sleep so good when he is here but Friday night I slept maybe 3 hours. I can usually fall asleep Ok it is just that after about 2 hours or so I am wide awake.
Sandi and Robin drove in from Dallas Friday for my shower. I was so anxious for them to get here. They got to my house around 8 and Sandi cut my hair. Greg got home about the same time. Jamie and Parker came over too. Greg made grilled cheeses for everyone and we all just hung out. The girls left around 11 because we had a really big day the next day.
MY SHOWER
Saturday morning I was so excited for my shower. I knew that my friends and sister had really done a lot of work preparing for it so I couldn't wait to see everything.
I got to the shower around 9:30. It didn't start until 10 but I wanted to look at everything and get pictures taken before.
The shower was UNBELIEVBLE!!! I was overwhelmed. You can not imagine the amount of detail and thought that went into everything. Greg came by before too and he could not believe everything either. My hostesses were my sister, Sandi, Lesa, Jamie, Joanne and Kati. They did an awesome job at giving me the best baby shower ever!!
My sister had come up with the idea of a "Two Peas in a Pod" theme and of course with all of her creativity it was amazing!! Tara and Lesa made the cutest cupcakes!!! Here is a pic
Jamie was in charge of all of the food. Quiche, roll ups, grapes, watermelon, cantelope and punch! YUMMY!! It was all so good! Jamie also allowed the shower to be at her Model Home. She sells home for Texas Premier Homes and it was the perfect location for the shower. The living room, kitchen and dining room are all open so it worked out perfect! Thanks Jamie!
Lesa made 50 cupcakes and made all of the cutest flower arrangements. They were adorable. All of the vases had peas in the bottom of the arrangements. Too CUTE!! Take a look.
Kati was actually out of town that weekend. She was doing her Continued Education courses in Vegas that weekend to get her Nurse Practitioner liscense hours in for the year. Kati ordered my gift from all of the hostesses. I was so excited! They got me the chasis of my stroller. The car seats that Mom and Dad got us snap into it and then when they outgrow the carseates their new big seats will snap into the same base. It is the coolest stroller. It has a steering wheel on it and it is so easy to maneuver. I drove it down our hall turned right into the babies room and did not hit the wall once! It is wonderful! I can't wait til next year in the spring when I will be able to get them out and take them for walks. Here is a pic. Thanks Kati. I wished you could have been there!!

My friend Joanne from California was not able to make it either because it is not easy to travel that far with an 8 month old. I really was wishing she could have been here. She did the cutest thing for the shower. She ordered stickers for the bottom of Hershey Kisses that had a pea pod on them that said "Jen's Baby Shower" They were so cute!!! Here is a picture of the entry table where they were sitting. I can not believe all of the thought and detail my friends put into this!! Thanks Joanne! I wished you and Brayden could have been there!!! I missed my friend!
Here is a close-up of the Hershey Kisses. I am going to play with the camera and see if I can get a clearer shot. Is that not the cutest idea??!
Sandi got all of the paper goods and she even found a creative bone in her body she didn't know she had. She made a diaper cake! It was the cutest darn thing I had ever seen. I had never seen one before. She rolled the diapers to make the cake layers and then put all kinds of toys, lotions, rattles etc. around it and 2 stuffed animals on top!! I still can not believe how much work eveyone put in to hosting this shower for me. My friends are the best!! Thanks Sandi!!!
My sister was the organizer behind everything. From what all of the other hostesses said she had it all figured out before she talked to them. She is so creative and obviously with everyones help and talent they made it the best baby shower ever. Tara found the cutest pea pod picture holders. She had them displayed on the fireplace mantle with pictures of Me, Greg and the babies.
Tara also ordered little pea pod glass candle holders. You can see them in the pictures above with the flowers and the picture of the entry way table. The other cute details she had were glass candle holders with peas and orange candles in them and a silver platter with edamame and orange candles on it. Tara of course with her scrapbooking talent made the sign in sheet and the cute game tags. Here are several detailed pictures of all of the hard work everyone put into it.

Here are a few pictures of the family
Tara, Dad, Mom, Me, Greg Tara, Me, Mom, My Nanny, My Aunt Rene
Ginger (Nana), Me, Mom (Grammy) and Nanny (Great Nanny to the Babies)
Here are the pictures of all of the gifts. I think I opened presents for about an hour and a half. There were about 40 people there. I could not have asked for a better shower. Thank you to everyone who made it to the shower that day. That really meant a lot to me that you were there!!
Thank you Shelley Henson for writing ALL of these presents down!!


At the end of the shower Greg came to help load everything up and see all of the presents. My sister had a gift for Greg too. She gave Greg a Sony Camcorder!!!! Greg was so surprised! We are so excited to get to use it and film our precious little babies. I know I will be recording a lot and sending clips to Greg while he is gone so that he doesn't miss anything! Thanks Tara, that was the best gift ever for Greg!!


I have already blogged about the outfits that Greg got for the babies to come home in but I didn't have a picture. Greg wanted me to take them to the shower and show everyone. Here they are!!

Now, I always knew I had the best sister and friends in the world but this shower was more than I could have ever imagined them doing for me!! Even Greg who is never serious about anything said "Babe, your friends and sister are really good to you" I said "I know Babe, they are the best!!"
Thank you again Tara, Jamie, Lesa, Sandi, Joanne and Kati. Our babies are already so blessed to have y'all in their lives!!
Continue to pray for our babies. They are just growing and growing!!


















