Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Part 1 The start of our journey.....

On August 26, 2006 I married a wonderful man who I am so happy to call my husband. Greg and I agreed that there was no reason to wait, we were ready for kids right away! We had it in our minds that we would get married and 9 months later we would have a baby, easy right? What we soon began to realize was that we did not have control over when and how everything would happen. Each month passed by and nothing, but Greg and I both had a positive attitude and we just knew it would happen when it was suppose to. Each holiday we would think wouldn't it be great if we could wrap something up and give it to our parents and surprise them that we were pregnant, or wouldn't it be fun if I could keep a secret until Greg's Birthday and surprise him with the news. After a year Greg and I began to talk about going to our Dr.'s and making sure that everything was OK. I had an appointment so I discussed with my Dr. about running some tests. Greg and I both had every test possible and they all came back fine. The only thing left would be to have a laparoscopy performed and see if I had endometriosis or if there was any blockage in my tubes, since that would be more invasive my Dr. suggested we try for a few more months before we moved on to that step. So we ordered the best fertility monitor out there and started tracking my cycles daily to narrow down the best days to conceive.

Wow, that is a lot of work and it gets old very quick! It is amazing how much it can consume all your thoughts and time.


In January of 2008 I found out that my company was going to downsize and I may be without a job by the end of March. At that same time Greg was seriously considering starting his own company and we were going to rely on my insurance for him too, so if he left Xcel and I lost my job we would both be without insurance. Yikes! I immediately called and made an appointment with my Dr. I went in on Thursday to see him and on the following Tuesday March 11th I had surgery. I had an operative laparoscopy and he found some endometriosis that he was able to remove and then he performed a chromotubation that revealed dye on the right side only, which meant there was a blockage in the left tube. After the surgery my Dr. said everything went great and even with only one tube working properly we should have no problem conceiving within the next year. In June, Greg and I were really starting to get antsy and decided we were ready to move to the next step. We visited a reproductive endocrinologist and made the decision to move forward with infertility treatments.