Friday, March 2, 2012

Ashes


Greg was out of town this week. Tuesday morning the boys and I all woke up under the weather. The night was really tough. None of us slept very well. The boys were up and down all night long. That morning I called the Dr. first thing to see if I could get the boys in. We were not able to see the Dr. until 3 that day. I had started rearranging the boys playroom the night before and decided to go ahead and continue and finish it up. The boys were playing in there so that made it easy. I had toys everywhere. I have all of their outside play toys in a clear tub so that they all stay together and easy to take outside and play. The boys found it when I wasn’t looking and Kyler got a shovel out of it. I moved the trampoline across the room and moved the chair and ottoman to the other side and Connor was in there with me the whole time but all of the sudden I realized it was really quiet and Kyler was out of my sight. I really thought I would walk around the corner and find him with the remote flipping through the channels but he wasn’t in the tv room…….I took off toward the kitchen because the little toot is climbing on everything now and he loves to climb on the highchair and onto the counter but he wasn’t in there either. I called and he didn’t answer and then I heard a noise coming from the living room. I walked around the corner and then realized that the floor was covered in……..ashes. At the end of the trail of ashes that I was following was this…….thank goodness for an entire house of hardwoods......

Of course I had to grab my camera and take a picture but oh I was not happy……we spent the next 30 minutes cleaning up the trail. We had a long talk about fireplaces and danger. Hard to explain when he was only doing what he helps daddy do before they build a fire. Sick or not there is never a dull moment around here.

Boys had a double ear infection and a really bad cough. They were put on antibiotics and breathing treatments 3 times a day. They are doing soooooo much better and catching up on some much needed rest. This morning they slept til 9!!!