Wednesday, September 7, 2011

No more Paci's!!


It all started here.......


When we moved out of Aunt Tara’s and in to our house I kept telling myself that I was going to break the paci’s from the boys. I will be very honest. I was just too tired after we moved to want to deal with crying and not sleeping so I decided for a little while to only make it a night time and nap time thing first. The boys were doing great! Before they would get out of their beds I would say “put your Paci’s up” and they would put them on their Baby Einstein Soothers. That was easy enough! But……. a couple of weeks ago they decided that they didn’t want to put them up. Greg was home so the next thing I knew they were walking around the house with Paci’s in their mouth. I will admit it and Greg will too, I am the “meany” and Greg is the “softy.” Most of that comes from Greg being gone a lot and not liking to hear them cry and me knowing how much harder it will make things later……..but oh well what do you do. The week that Joanne was here the whining and crying for the paci and the blankie was constant. (Calgon!!) I told Jo once she left it was time to break the habit. Last Wednesday I decided that was the day. I put the boys down for their nap and gave them their blankies and said I love you nite nite and walked out of the room. I really thought it was going to be bad. They were confused and started crying but it didn’t last long and they were out. I was going to just start with naps and work my way up to night time but that night I decided no turning back now and tried it without them. Greg was in town but had to leave to get some stuff done for a meeting the next day so that was good. He would not have been able to hear them cry for that long. The night was definitely tougher. They cried off and on for almost an hour. They would cry and then stop and laugh and play with each other and Connor would start saying “Mama” and “ball” over and over but eventually they were asleep and down for the night. It has been 1 week now and we are paci free!! I think I was expecting it to be much tougher than it actually was. It is so good to see my little boys smiles instead of a paci hanging out of their mouth.

Our babies are getting so big and growing up way to fast!!