Monday, June 13, 2011

A brief update


We have been busy, busy, busy lately. We are still trying to settle in which as I have said before is not as quick and easy with two VERY active 1 year olds. Both boys are walking now. It is funny, Greg and I have had our share of things that we have worried about with the boys but the fact they were not walking yet was not one of them. Kyler has actually been walking whenever he felt like it since April 10th but Connor could have cared less even with a walker until 2 days ago. At the boys 15 month appointment the Dr. asked if they were both walking and when I said “no” she said “enjoy it now.” Oh how right she was……..It really is not that bad but I definitely never set still (not that I really ever did before). The boys love to push their toys up and down the sidewalk right now. When Greg is home it is easy because he takes one and I take one but when it is just Mommy it makes it a lot more difficult unless I can get them both going in the same direction. (not as easy as you might think) I guess with walking becomes the need for independence because they both are very strong willed these days when you try to make them do something they do not want to do. I am sure the neighbors are loving that! Sigh……what do you do??? Our house has slowly become more kid friendly just in time for them to have room to roam! Our house goes in a complete circle so the boys go round and round and round for as long as we will let them. Our entry way has a step down into all of the rooms so I spend a lot of time helping get their toys up and down the steps and on to the next room. Connor took a tumble today trying to do it on his own and he has 2 gashes on his forehead to show it. I am sure this will be the first of many…..

There is so much more I want to write right now but I really need to get to bed. I am going to try and be better about writing things down. I have tons of notes that I need to update the blog on. This blog is my way of remembering every little detail about our boys growing up so I don’t want to miss a thing!