Just thought I would give a little update on what we have been up to. Both of the boys are working on molars right now.Connor has 2 that have broke the surface and 2 that are almost there. Kyler has 2 that look like they should be coming through anytime. They are chewing on anything they can get their mouths on and I look like I have 2 thumb or finger suckers because they constantly have their fingers in their mouth touching their gums. I have changed more stinky diapers in the last week than I think I have changed all year…..After searching every store in town for teething tablets I found at this week that they were recalled. I would give anything for those right now. They seem to make the boys feel so much better. I am alternating Motrin and Tylenol to keep them happy. They are doing great but I know it has to hurt. Connor will have 12 teeth once these all come in.Skip the finger foods this boy is ready for a steak!! Kyler will have 8.
I have to brag and then I will follow it with I know the day will come that this is not the case but yesterday Lesa took the boys and me to lunch for my birthday and the boys were perfect! Of course I hit the ground running that morning to get everything ready and us there by 11. The boys woke at their usual time of 8:30 so I got them up and we played for a little while like we always do and then I gave the them a bath. I got them dressed and at 9:45 I gave them a bottle. After that I laid them down for a nap. I finished getting ready, made some phone calls and got their bag packed for our outing. The boys woke up about 10:50 so I put their shoes on and we were out the door. We went to Sakura my favorite for sushi. I knew exactly what I wanted so Lesa called in our order and had them get it ready to put on our table at 11:15. We pulled up, walked in and our soup and salad was brought right out to us. I put the boys in the high chairs and gave them menus to play with. Lesa and I enjoyed our soup and salad and the boys just played. When the sushi came out I gave the boys some puffs and their sippy cups and that entertained them long enough for us to enjoy our meal. We gave the boys a sip of soup and they both liked it. Yummm, they wanted more…Instead I gave them the spoon to chew on. I had brought bottles along just in case but we were able to finish up without needing to give them to them. Since the boys were doing so good we chanced it and went to Charlies furniture. Yes, more furniture…..I was looking for a leather sofa and coffee table for the den, a chair for the living room and then a dining room table and chairs. I found the sofa, coffee table and chair we want but they are looking for a dining room table for me. We were there about 30 minutes and Kyler let the saleslady (not a stranger, I have known her for 10 years) carry him around. He was a little flirt, but that doesn’t come as a surprise. After that we went to the Hallmark store for Christmas cards and then came home. We got home around 1:15. The boys were perfect!! I got them fed and diapers changed and down for a nap. I am trying to stretch the boys until 1 to eat so that I can put them down for a nap later. They are not sleeping as long now so when I was putting them down at 12:30 they were up by 2:15 which made the afternoon and evening looooong. They would start getting sleepy around 5:30 and want to nap but without a nap they sleep so much better through the night so I thought if I could get them where they woke up later they would do better. Trial and error is all I can do right now. It seems to be working but it will take a good week to get them use to it. They still are sleepy around 6 but we just fight through it by either taking a walk or I lay them down on their boppies with their blanket and turn on their Baby Einstein movie that is 30 minutes long and then after some down time they are ready to play til dinner. I get their jammies on them at 6:30 and then give them a bottle feed them cereal and they are to bed by 7:15. They are sleeping til 6-6:30 then I give them a bottle and they go back to sleep until around 8:30. They are so good (knock on wood)
As you can tell the boys are keeping me busy. On top of that I am trying to finalize everything on the house and get the contractors all set up. I am still trying to decide on the color of granite and hope to have that picked by the first of next week. I have our hardwoods picked out but am waiting on the tile until I decide on the color of granite. I am trying to pick out paint colors so that when they are done texturing I have that ready for them. All of our appliances are ordered and they are holding them for us until we are ready for them. I have all of our furniture picked out except the dining room table so I am pretty much done there. I got the quote back on the windows and I just have one more thing to look into before I can wrap that up. Everything has to be planned and organized because we have so many different groups of people coming in, but it is all coming together. I have been packing up our house. If you come in our house it doesn’t look like we are moving unless you look in the cabinets and in our garage. (or on our front porch where my neighbors are stacking the boxes. Thanks neighbors!!!) All of our decorative stuff in the living room and kitchen is packed but I have it decorated with Christmas stuff so once Christmas is over I can just put it all back in totes and I am done. We are going to get our storage building this weekend so that we can start moving boxes out of the garage. While I was at Charlies yesterday I talked to them about their delivery guys moving our furniture. All of our furniture came from there so I have known those guys for 10 years now and trust them with all of it. Plans are coming along for the boys birthday party. I put invitations in the mail Tuesday and thanks to Aunt Tara who has made and organized everything I think we are set. I will make cupcakes next Thursday and then we are ready to celebrate!!Greg and I still have Christmas shopping to do. We know exactly what we are getting but Greg hasn’t been home long enough for us to go. He loves to Chrsitmas shop so I am waiting on him.
Greg is busy, busy, busy. We are doing his company Christmas party Saturday and we are looking forward to that. It should be lots of fun. (making myself a note right now to go pick up the gifts…..so much to do) Greg is excited to show his boys off.He is finishing a job this week in Abernathy and then he is on to Kansas. He is the hardest working person I know and I am so proud of him!!
Well that about sums it up for now. We are definitely not bored around here. I will write more as I have time…….