I have posted a lot of pictures of the boys but I haven't told you much about them.
Kyler was the first born. He is Connor's Little older brother. He is so tiny. He is really long but doesn't have any meat on his bones. Greg says he has "Chicken legs." Actually he has his Mommy's scrawny legs. He has really big hands and LONG fingers and toes. I think he is going to be really tall. He has the tiniest little face features. He has a itty bitty button nose, big blue eyes and very full lips. He is very fair complected and his hair is very light. Greg thinks he is going to be a redhead. He is just so cute! He is our best eater and when he is hungry he will let you know about it. He has a high pitched squeaky cry but we only hear it when he is hungry or his pacifier has fallen out. He is starting to become alert and is staying awake a lot more. I just love when he looks at me with those big blue eyes.
Connor is Kyler's Big younger brother. He is starting to get chunky. I just love it, I wanted one to be a "Chunky Monkey." Connor has his Daddy's thick muscular looking legs. He has long fingers and little short toes with fat feet. Absolutely adorable! He is very dark complected and has a head full of dark brown hair. It won't be long before he needs his first haircut. He has big dark blue eyes, a little pug nose, full cheeks and big pouty lips that he loves to stick out. He is so handsome! He is very laid back NOW (I will explain more later) and doesn't really cry at all. He will make a pouty face and whimper a little bit but that is it. He is our slow eater. Kyler can be done eating, burped and diaper changed in the amount of time Connor takes to just eat.
They may be twins but they are definitely different. They are both absolutely perfect!!
Last Wednesday we had a Dr.'s appointment at 10:30. We were looking forward to seeing how Dr. Medford thought the boys were doing.
Kyler weighed 4 lbs 8 oz. so he was almost up to his birth weight and Connor weighed 5 lbs 13 oz. She was pleased with their weight gain and thought they looked great!
As I said earlier Connor is very laid back NOW. Let me explain....
We had had a rough couple of nights since Christmas Eve. Connor had continued to stay up all night screaming at the top of his lungs. We had several nights in a row where all he did for 5 to 6 hours was cry. It was exhausting. Thank goodness neither Greg or I had to get up and go to work. I don't know how we would have made it. Connor would not only scream but he would shake his head back and forth and take his fingers and shove them in his mouth and then try to rip his bottom gums and lip out. It was the craziest thing we had ever seen. About the 3rd night Greg said "I think we have the worst baby ever. I have never been around a baby that acts like this" Of course I started crying because I couldn't believe he would say that (not that I didn't agree but I didn't want to hear it.) I wanted to think they were just perfect. We were so delirious. During the day he was perfect and then as soon as the sun went down he would turn into a whole different baby. Greg started calling him "Chucky." I couldn't help but giggle. Greg would say "Can Chucky can out and play?" After no sleep there is nothing else we could do but just laugh about it.
Both of the boys had only pooped twice since they had been home from the hospital so we thought that probably had something to do with how fussy they were too.
We told Dr. Medford how Connor was acting and how they both hadn't pooped. She asked what we were feeding them. I am nursing both of them but in the hospital they had us supplement with formula too until my milk came in more. We continued this when we got home and was waiting to ask her if we needed to continue doing that now. We had switched the formula right after we got home from the hospital because we thought that that might be what was wrong with Connor. We told her we were supplementing with Enfamil Lipil and she said she wanted us to change to a Soy formula and have me stop taking in milk products. She felt that they were lactose intolerant. She gave us a can of formula to try and said within a week to 10 days she wanted them to stop the formula. She wanted us to supplement every other time and then gradually less and less until they were completely off of it.
Within 1 day they were both completely different babies!! They eat every 3 hours during the day and at night Dr. Medford said they could go 4 to 5 hours before they need fed. We do their last feeding around 11 and then we are in bed by midnight. They usually wake up about 3 or 4 and then they sleep til 7 or 8. Things are so much better now! I have to say they are perfect, easy babies now...... (Knock on wood) He! He!
We just love our pediatrician. She came highly recommended and we are so happy that she took us as a new patient.
Kyler was the first born. He is Connor's Little older brother. He is so tiny. He is really long but doesn't have any meat on his bones. Greg says he has "Chicken legs." Actually he has his Mommy's scrawny legs. He has really big hands and LONG fingers and toes. I think he is going to be really tall. He has the tiniest little face features. He has a itty bitty button nose, big blue eyes and very full lips. He is very fair complected and his hair is very light. Greg thinks he is going to be a redhead. He is just so cute! He is our best eater and when he is hungry he will let you know about it. He has a high pitched squeaky cry but we only hear it when he is hungry or his pacifier has fallen out. He is starting to become alert and is staying awake a lot more. I just love when he looks at me with those big blue eyes.
Connor is Kyler's Big younger brother. He is starting to get chunky. I just love it, I wanted one to be a "Chunky Monkey." Connor has his Daddy's thick muscular looking legs. He has long fingers and little short toes with fat feet. Absolutely adorable! He is very dark complected and has a head full of dark brown hair. It won't be long before he needs his first haircut. He has big dark blue eyes, a little pug nose, full cheeks and big pouty lips that he loves to stick out. He is so handsome! He is very laid back NOW (I will explain more later) and doesn't really cry at all. He will make a pouty face and whimper a little bit but that is it. He is our slow eater. Kyler can be done eating, burped and diaper changed in the amount of time Connor takes to just eat.
They may be twins but they are definitely different. They are both absolutely perfect!!
Last Wednesday we had a Dr.'s appointment at 10:30. We were looking forward to seeing how Dr. Medford thought the boys were doing.
Kyler weighed 4 lbs 8 oz. so he was almost up to his birth weight and Connor weighed 5 lbs 13 oz. She was pleased with their weight gain and thought they looked great!
As I said earlier Connor is very laid back NOW. Let me explain....
We had had a rough couple of nights since Christmas Eve. Connor had continued to stay up all night screaming at the top of his lungs. We had several nights in a row where all he did for 5 to 6 hours was cry. It was exhausting. Thank goodness neither Greg or I had to get up and go to work. I don't know how we would have made it. Connor would not only scream but he would shake his head back and forth and take his fingers and shove them in his mouth and then try to rip his bottom gums and lip out. It was the craziest thing we had ever seen. About the 3rd night Greg said "I think we have the worst baby ever. I have never been around a baby that acts like this" Of course I started crying because I couldn't believe he would say that (not that I didn't agree but I didn't want to hear it.) I wanted to think they were just perfect. We were so delirious. During the day he was perfect and then as soon as the sun went down he would turn into a whole different baby. Greg started calling him "Chucky." I couldn't help but giggle. Greg would say "Can Chucky can out and play?" After no sleep there is nothing else we could do but just laugh about it.
Both of the boys had only pooped twice since they had been home from the hospital so we thought that probably had something to do with how fussy they were too.
We told Dr. Medford how Connor was acting and how they both hadn't pooped. She asked what we were feeding them. I am nursing both of them but in the hospital they had us supplement with formula too until my milk came in more. We continued this when we got home and was waiting to ask her if we needed to continue doing that now. We had switched the formula right after we got home from the hospital because we thought that that might be what was wrong with Connor. We told her we were supplementing with Enfamil Lipil and she said she wanted us to change to a Soy formula and have me stop taking in milk products. She felt that they were lactose intolerant. She gave us a can of formula to try and said within a week to 10 days she wanted them to stop the formula. She wanted us to supplement every other time and then gradually less and less until they were completely off of it.
Within 1 day they were both completely different babies!! They eat every 3 hours during the day and at night Dr. Medford said they could go 4 to 5 hours before they need fed. We do their last feeding around 11 and then we are in bed by midnight. They usually wake up about 3 or 4 and then they sleep til 7 or 8. Things are so much better now! I have to say they are perfect, easy babies now...... (Knock on wood) He! He!
We just love our pediatrician. She came highly recommended and we are so happy that she took us as a new patient.
We have had them on the 3 hour eating schedule now for 2 and half weeks and they are use to the routine. They start waking up about 10 minutes before it is time to eat now.
I am still not sure where all of my time goes. It is crazy how fast 3 hours goes by. It seems like I feed, change diapers, spend some awake time with them and then lay them down to sleep and it is time to start all over. Greg asked her how long they would eat every 3 hours and she said for about 4 months. That seems like forever away.
Our little boys are growing more and more every day. I wake up every morning and look over at them. I swear they get cuter and cuter each day. They are starting to get more alert now and I just love them looking at me. I can't wait for them to start grinning at us.
Greg and I are both just loving every minute of being Mommy and Daddy. It is everything we had been waiting for and more......I still can't believe that they are here.
Well it is time to feed again so I am off for now.
I will keep y'all posted!
I am still not sure where all of my time goes. It is crazy how fast 3 hours goes by. It seems like I feed, change diapers, spend some awake time with them and then lay them down to sleep and it is time to start all over. Greg asked her how long they would eat every 3 hours and she said for about 4 months. That seems like forever away.
Our little boys are growing more and more every day. I wake up every morning and look over at them. I swear they get cuter and cuter each day. They are starting to get more alert now and I just love them looking at me. I can't wait for them to start grinning at us.
Greg and I are both just loving every minute of being Mommy and Daddy. It is everything we had been waiting for and more......I still can't believe that they are here.
Well it is time to feed again so I am off for now.
I will keep y'all posted!



