Saturday, May 30, 2009

It has been awhile.....

Sorry I didn't post last week, my computer crashed and I just got it back today. I missed giving you the 7 week update so I will do that first.

Here are what our babies did last week.

A lot of big-time development is under way. Your baby's arms and legs are forming, and her brain is rapidly maturing, In fact, her head is growing faster than any other part of her body! And get this: Your teeny-tiny baby has already started to move around -- but you won't feel anything until you're at least four or five months along.
The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point than the tiny, pudgy extremities you're daydreaming about holding and tickling. Technically, your baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry

I have figured out what makes me nauseated. Two weekends ago when I felt so bad I have attributed that to taking over the counter prenatal vitamins. I had run out of my prescription and my pharmacy is closed on the weekends so I couldn't get it til Monday so I took some that I had in the cabinet. I felt so bad that weekend. Never again will I do that!!! I also have been so thirsty, so every morning I had been getting a lemon water from Huds. They squeeze a whole lemon in there which I love, but it was making me so nauseous. I stopped drinking the lemon water and I have felt great ever since. I also do not get as hungry, I am able to spread out my meals and the thought of food is not bothering me anymore. Thursday evening I drank a glass of orange juice and the same feeling came back, I was nauseous and the thought of food just made me sick. I know 100% now that CITRUS is not for me right now. I told Greg if these kids don't like oranges, that is OK!!! He! He!
I can not believe how wonderful I feel. Still sleepy, but I feel great!!

I am really starting to grow. Even though my sister thinks I just have an "ant hill", I feel so much bigger and its happened over night. My clothes are snug and I have moved on to dresses everyday. Much more comfortable and easier to hide this pooch right now. Tara came over yesterday and we took my first belly shots. Here they are. 8 weeks, can you imagine me in another 28, I can't.


Here is what the babies are doing this week.
New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. You may be daydreaming about your baby as one sex or the other, but the external genitals still haven't developed enough to reveal whether you're having a boy or a girl. Either way, your baby — about the size of a kidney bean — is constantly moving and shifting, though you still can't feel it.
Your baby’s fluttering heart would show up on an ultrasound performed this week. He or she is between 0.56 and 0.8 inches from crown to rump - or about the size of a grape - its liver is churning out large amounts of red blood cells, and will continue to until the bone marrow forms and takes over this function. Week eight marks the beginning of a very busy developmental stage: its face continues to change as the ears, eyes and the tip of the nose appear; the intestines start to form in the umbilical cord; and your baby's teeth begin to develop under the gums.

Greg had to run some errands this morning and he is about to be home. We are going to have some lunch and then go to my sisters for the afternoon. Her pool is officially opened for the summer today. I am excited to just lay around in the cool water. I get so hot when we are outside, I can't take it very long. We have to do some yard work this weekend but other than that it is going to just be a lazy weekend.

We have a Dr.'s appointment Monday Morning at 8:30. They will do another sonogram and a blood test and if everything looks good I will be able to stop all of my medicine and I will be released to Dr. Meeks for my first OB appointment. YEAH!!!

We are getting closer to getting to tell everyone. It is driving me crazy!! My sister called the other day and said "Oh my goodness, it is like everyone knows. All everyone is talking about is babies due in December and twins." She said "This is killing me!" Believe me, no one is more excited to tell than me and Greg!!

We will keep you posted.

Continue to pray for healthy babies and a healthy pregnancy!!!